Interview with T E Woods


We were happy to be a host for T E Wood's "Fixed In Fear" book tour, and get the chance to interview her!



How long have you been writing?

Scientific stuff about twenty years. Fiction for about five.

Do you ever feel like one of your characters is you?

Hmm…Lydia Corriger (my main character) is a female clinical psychologist in private practice. I’m a female clinical psychologist in private practice. That’s about where the similarities end.

How many hours’ sleep do you get each night?

Seven and a half. Like clockwork. Seven and a half.

Name one day job you’ve had.

I was a disc jockey once. A small AM radio station in Olympia, Washington

Do you write every day?

Alas, no. I wish I could, but bills need to be paid.

What’s your usual writing snack?

Tea and cookies.

How many hours a day do you write?

During the week I’m lucky if I can write twenty minutes a day. On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, I write about six hours each day.

Do you have a new story idea in your mind right now?

Yes! I want to do a series based in Madison. A psychologist will get involved with solving crimes. She was adopted as an infant by a loving family, yet has always been curious about her biological parents. All she knows is that they were famous celebrities. When someone tells her “You know who you look like?” it sends her on frantic Google searches.

Do you ever write two books at once?

No. My story lines are twisty enough. I have to do one at a time lest I get lost.

If you had a superpower, what would it be?

That’s easy! Invisibility!  Then I have three words for you: Trespass, Trespass, Trespass!

Name one song that reminds you of your book.

You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Stones

About how many books do you read each month?

Two to three


What’s your favorite movie?

Ugh! No fair! There are too many great ones. Let’s say The Man Who Would Be King. That’s a great one.

Name one thing on your bucket list.

I want to be alive when a cure for cancer is announced.

Flowers or chocolates?

Chocolates!

Name an author you’d love to have coffee with.

Stephen King. Doesn’t everybody want to have coffee with Stephen King?

The most words you’ve written in a day.

Twenty-One pages. How many words is that?

What's your favorite fruit?

Bananas.

In what room do you do most of your writing?

My office. I have an incredibly indulgent husband who has tricked my office out like I’m the world’s most successful best seller. I love it in there.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Clooney! Clooney! Clooney!

Thank you T E Woods for being a great interviewee!




Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment