Author Interview - Natalie Brock - Pass Interference


We're excited this week to have author Natalie Brock visit our blog and answer some questions about her writing, and her fabulous new book, Pass Interference!


1. What inspired you to write this book? 

 I was watching a college football game with my husband one Saturday, and the announcers kept talking about this player’s injuries and that player’s injuries. It made me wonder how injured players handled their time off the field and the effect their injury had on their personal lives as well as their psyche. That’s how Philip Mason was born.

2. Do your characters speak to you? 

Yes, they’re in charge. I don’t have as much say over their actions as you might think.


3. What is your writing process? 

I have a three-stage process. I usually write dialogue first because of those characters who are speaking to me, then I add the descriptions in the next pass, and last, I add the atmosphere.


4. Have you had writer’s block, and how do you deal with it? 

OMG yes. Writing out of sequence usually helps me to get unstuck. I write the scenes that move me and I sew it together in the correct order later.


5. What’s your next writing project? 

I’m writing the next book in the Pass Interference series and I’m so excited about it. It features a character from Pass Interference and I think it’s going to surprise and satisfy readers. I’m also working on a period piece that will kick off a new series.


6. Do you write every day? 

I try to, but it depends on whether my muse is cooperating.


7. If you had a superpower, what would it be? 

If I could, I’d add more hours to the day. Sometimes it’s challenging to write a novel and be attentive to all the other aspects and people in your life.


8. Name an author you’d love to have coffee with. 

Jane Austen. Love her! But it would be tea, not coffee. 


9. What's your favorite fruit? 

Pineapple. And if it happens to wind up in a rum drink with coconut, all the better.



Purchase Links:

About Natalie:

 Natalie Brock has had a lifelong passion for writing. She began writing fiction in 2007 and now she's taken her passion for creative writing to the next level. Pass Interference is her fourth novel, which combines her love for writing with her interest in sports.

Natalie has worked in a variety of industries, including advertising, publishing, and business communications. Originally from New York City, Natalie currently lives in West Central Florida with her husband.


Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment