Author Interview - Author of Thirst: R P Channing

We welcome Author R P Channing to the blog today to chat with us about his writing and his exciting new Young Adult book, Thirst: Blood of my Blood!

 



How did you come up with the title of your latest book?


I picked it at the end. I thought it was catchy, if not too original. The “Blood of my Blood” tagline has deeper meaning within the story.

How did you come up with the cover design?


I’m a designer, so I played around with a few things, compared it to what was popular, and ended up with what I have now. As an interesting point, Kira had black hair in the first few drafts of the book. But after I designed the cover, black hair didn’t go well with the background. So I went through the whole book and changed her hair color.

What’s the hardest part of writing for you?


I tend to get lost in the story when I write. And sometimes I get lost down the rabbit hole. Finding my way back and getting things to make sense with earlier parts is always difficult.

How do you choose your character’s names?


I have no rote formula. Sometimes I pull them out of my head, sometimes I search for

“common [insert language or culture here] names.” Then I pick the one that has a nice ring to it.

What advice would you give aspiring authors?


Write.

 Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Pantser? What’s that? I actually had to google the word! I love how people give things labels. Well, if we must label it, I’m a pantser in the first few drafts, a plotter in the last few.

What is your writing process?


I sit down and I write, then I go back and fix what I wrote. I also research until I’m blue in the face.

What does your family think of your writing?


My wife is extremely supportive, even though she shouldn’t be. I would have never published this book if I didn’t have her encouragement in the background.

Do you have any other author friends and do you ever get together in real life?


I’m the only author I know personally. I know plenty of musicians, a few painters, even some small-time actors. But no authors.

What’s your next writing project?


I’m working on two stories. A second book for Thirst, and a dystopian story which gets my heart pumping from excitement. I’m not sure which I’ll release first. They’re both very different stories and both interest me very much. Thirst is a standalone novel so nothing is left open, which leaves me free to choose which one gets out first.



Genres:


Young Adult Romance
Paranormal Romance
High School
Vampires, Demons, Witches
Dark Fantasy
Horror

 Buy Links:

Amazon US
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018M5GTLI

Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018M5GTLI

Kindle Unlimited

$20 Amazon Gift Voucher Giveaway

At the back of the book there is a giveaway link. 
Once the book hits fifty reviews on Amazon, 
one of those reviewers will win a $20 (US Dollars) Amazon Gift Voucher!


Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment