Author Interview - J P Uvalle

Author Interview with J.P Uvalle!

We love it when authors take the time to answer questions for us, and today we are thrilled that J.P. Uvalle, author of upcoming Hidden Souls series, stopped by today for an interview! 


1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?  

I wrote a lot in high school, poems mostly.
The words seemed to come so naturally to me, but at that time, I had my heart set on going into the veterinary field. I wrote less often.
After my daughter was born, I spent more time at home and was able to revisit my passion for writing. I had some kind of spiritual awakening after going through a major transition in my life, and I felt my passion for writing helped me get through it. I decided in that moment, I wanted to become a writer.

    2. How long does it take you to write a book?
    Three months; I average about 1,000 words per day, sometimes more. 
    3. The most words you’ve written in a day.

    3,000 words.
4. Why did you choose this genre to write in? 

I choose to write in the paranormal romantic mystery genre, because that is what I enjoy reading the most; I like books with a little diversity, otherwise, I tend to get bored and never finish reading.

5. What did you enjoy most about writing this book? 

Being able to put my wild imagination to good use.

6. We all need a hero! Tell us about your protagonist(s)? Was there a real-life inspiration behind him or her?

I drew inspiration from all the strong, independent women in my life, especially the single mothers I know. They have to play double-duty - be the mother, and the father, work twice as hard.
 I wanted (my protagonist) Xandra Kallan to represent both: strength and weakness. Bravery and fear. I wanted my readers to find her relatable, yet inspirational. Strong, yet vulnerable. Xandra has many layers to her personality, and she continues to grow as a person throughout the series; her character development is imperative to the storyline. Plus, she is the glue that holds everything together.

7.  Do your characters speak to you? 

All the time, they've taken own a life of their own inside my mind.

8. Do you have a new story idea in your mind right now?

Yes, several actually. I have four other book concepts mapped out already, I just need to sit down and write them.

9. Do you ever write two books at once?
Yes, while I was writing my second book to the Hidden Souls series, I began writing a standalone vampire novel too. I'm hoping to have that book released in 2016 as well.

10. Name a song that reminds you of your book.

A mashup of Ariana Grande's "Why Try" and Nick Jonas's "Chains" remixed by DylanGLC.

11. What makes your series stand out from the crowd?

I didn't write this series to entertain, although it has several twist in turns; I wrote this book to send a powerful message, and the characters' developmental growth drives this message home. I believe this will make my books stand out - the reader, in a way, will be transformed along with the characters.

12. About how many books do you read each month?

Three or four; I'm a polygamist reader.

13. What books are you currently reading?

~ I just finished The Matriarch by Sloane Howell;
 the best book I've read in a long time,
 I highly recommend it.
The man has a way with words.

~Consequence by Mina S. Love;
 she definitely knows how to tug at your heart strings.

~One Immortal by Tia Louise;
 I needed my vampire fix. 

~The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King;
he's my idol.

14. What’s your favorite movie?

Grease.

15. Name one thing on your bucket list.

I would love to visit Egypt. I've always been fascinated with their culture and history. 

16. When not reading or writing, what do you like to do? 

Mostly, I like to spend time with my family.
When I get a free moment to myself, however,
I enjoy going out to eat, to the movies, and attend wine and food tastings.

17. What kind of drink do you order from Starbucks?

A salted caramel mocha  frappuccino with extra caramel or soy chai latte.


18. Name an author you’d love to have coffee with.

Stephen King.

19. What's your favorite fruit?

Do chocolate covered strawberries count? LOL


20. Who is your celebrity crush?

Too hard to list just one, so I'll list my top three :
Vin Diesel ( The Fast and Furious), Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Dairies), and Theo James (The Divergent Series).

Thank you so much, J.P.! You can can connect with her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/J.P.Uvalle/, on twitter at @Soul4Writer, or check out her website at http://jpuvalle.wix.com/author
Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment