Pucked- Helena Hunting




Blurb

With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. So of course she isn’t interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. When Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet’s misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match. 

Suffering from a complete lapse in judgment, Violet discovers just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants. Violet believes her night of orgasmic magic with Alex is just that: one night. But Alex starts to call. And text. And email and send extravagant—and quirky—gifts. Suddenly, he's too difficult to ignore, and nearly impossible not to like. 

The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn’t want to be part of the game. 

Review

I’m not really a big sports romance person, and even though I heard this book was funny I was worried a lot of it would go over my head, since I don’t know the first thing about hockey. I am so happy that I was wrong and this turned out to be a book I loved!

I liked the characters a lot. Alex is adorable with how insecure he gets and he just seems in awe of Violet from the start. I love how he has this reputation of being a player and the way he treats her is so sweet. Violet is funny. I know some reviews think she’s immature, but I thought it was cute and natural. The author wrote interesting, funny characters without making it seem like she was pushing too hard to find humor or unique qualities. 

There were no big twists in this book, but there was plenty of steamy sex to make up for it. I definitely recommend this one for a fun read. 





Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment