If I Break THE COMPLETE SERIES – Portia Moore





Get a babysitter and takeout, because once you start, you won’t want to put this series down! Rollercoaster, train wreck, wtf am I reading, gripping and just unputdownable. I loved it and this series is way up on my list of memorable reads!

Strangely enough, when I first started If I Break, I put it down after the first few pages without continuing because I didn’t like the strange behavior of Cal which I thought abusive. (What was wrong with me? )

Fast forward a few months and I decided to try this again. And I’m so glad I did. It was a crazy ride but I needed to know what was going on! 

The story is told in present and flashbacks, so although we see the Cal of now, we also get to fall in love with him when Lauren did. Cal and Lauren meet and embark on a beautiful, sexy affair which turns into deep and lasting love. But something is wrong with this picture… (I was always on the edge of my seat, feeling just a little uncomfortable about all of this.) Where is Cal when he isn’t at home? Who is he, really? What is his secret? About a dozen different theories poked around in my mind and every one of them was wrong. 

All this is revealed, kind of! 

Warning: this book ends in a bit of a cliffhanger! It’s a good thing I love cliffies and a very good thing the other books were already released so I didn’t have to wait!

In this set are the following books:
If I Break (book 1)
Before I Break (book 1.5)
Almost Broken (book 2)
Beautifully Broken (book 3)
(Portia has also released What Happens After, which I'm dying to read!)


I’m not going to recommend you buy them separately because if you read one you need to read them all. Here’s the link to the set:


This was Portia’s first book released and considering she was a new author, her writing is really good. There were a lot of reviews for this book that slammed the book for editing issues, but it has since been edited and so we can put most of those reviews to bed. 

* I will let it be known that I was so in love with this story that I basically twisted Lily’s arm and made her read this book, and she didn’t care for it. There seem to be strong feelings on both sides, and I guess you won’t know which side you’re on until you try it.

Share on Google Plus

About Fiction Conviction

Fiction Conviction book blog is a group of women who got together to share their passion for books and the authors who write them. We read and review, as well as pimp our favorite books and authors.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment